Lost Dunes. A private golf club, with the emphasis on golf.
Opened in April, 1999 with the goal of being one of the finest private golf clubs in the country, the course, designed by Tom Doak, takes its inspiration from the form and nature of the land. The beauty of the routing is how it fits the site. From the beginning it seemed a perfect match and as the course has grown and developed it's hard to imagine there was ever anything else here, except golf. Doak, perhaps the world's foremost practitioner of natural, classic course architecture, has found the soul of Lake Michigan's soft eastern lakeshore in its wide fairways and undulating greens. With approximately 280 members, players have found it too:
- 2021-22 #186 Golf Digest America's Second 100 Greatest Golf Course
- 2021-22 #7 Golf Digest Best in State
- 2019-20 #161 Golf Digest America's Second 100 Greatest Golf Course
- 2019-20 #6 Golf Digest Best in State
- 2017-18 #141 Golf Digest America's Second 100 Greatest Golf Course
- 2017-18 #6 Golf Digest Best in State
- 2015-16 #123 Golf Digest America's Second 100 Greatest Golf Course
- 2015-16 #5 Golf Digest Best in State
- 2013-14 #116 Golf Digest America's Second 100 Greatest Golf Courses
- 2013-14 #6 Golf Digest Best in State
- 2014 #91 Golf Week America's Best Modern Courses
- 2007-08 #63 Golf Digest America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses
- 2007-08 #32 Golf Digest Index America's Best Modern Golf Clubs
Lost Dunes presents a challenge that varies with the weather and even the time of day.Local knowledge goes a long way here. Pin positions and conditions dictate strategy right from the tee. A member's course, the playing experience at Lost Dunes is enriched by familiarity and yet there is always a chance to learn something new as you walk the layout.
This is Lost Dunes.